Fulham 0 Tottenham Hotspur 0

Last updated : 06 March 2010 By Footymad Previewer
Tottenham Hotspur must endure yet another replay as a resolute Fulham side held them to a FA Cup quarter-final scoreless draw at Craven Cottage.

Both sides did everything they could to prevent another clash at White Hart Lane, but it will be Spurs who have the upper-hand and they will be satisfied with the result.

As possibly the first day of spring set over the West Stand, it was the away-side who settled into a good early rhythm, but despite this they did little to shake-off recent criticisms that they're becoming a long-ball team, hitting high up to Peter Crouch too early, and without need.

Crouch though, given the opportunity to extend his recent form for England into the Tottenham team, held the play up well. It was the lanky forward and Roman Pavlyuchenko who combined to give the away side their first shot on target in the 28th minute, combining to feed Niko Kranjcar whose stinging shot forced Mark Schwarzer to parry.

When the Champions League contenders did get the ball down though, it was Gareth Bale who looked lethal and calculating again. The Wales international, currently well on his way to becoming one the best left-sided players in the country, featured as a make-shift midfielder as Spurs injury troubles forced boss Harry Redknapp into a re-shuffle.

Bale drove infield, feeding Vedran Corluka on the right who crossed to Crouch at the far post. The big-man was always going to win the header and forced Schwarzer into a save at full-stretch.

The visitors kept up the pressure right up until half-time but, as fear of a White Hart Lane replay crept in, Fulham went direct after the break.

Heurelho Gomes was forced to tip the ball over as a combination of headers set-up the reformed Bobby Zomora, who should have done better with his own unchallenged header.

With their typical tenacity and purpose, Fulham forced Tottenham into retreat and should have gone ahead after 54 minutes when defender Brede Hangeland rose from a corner, again unmarked, and headed straight at Gomes.

As Fulham continued to push as hard as they could, Tottenham looked dangerous on the break but neither side had a hero amongst them to take his team to the semi-finals of this season's competition.